While we at Gear West will make sure that any shoe you buy from us is the perfect style for you with a perfect fit, some of our customers want a little more input. For those with challenging injuries, constant aches and pains, muscle tightness, and those who think they could improve their performance with some biomechanical work, we offer a specialized Gait Analysis service. Our resident "shoe whisperer", Wendi Morin, performs these analyses, which cost $50.00 and take approximately 30 minutes.
This analysis includes the following evaluations and recommendations:
- Arch and foot evaluation
- Ankle, knee, hip, and back alignment evaluation
- Muscle weakness and imbalance check
- Pelvic rotation check
- Leg length discrepancy
- Arch support evaluation
- Suggested strengthening exercises
- Shoe model recommendation including a full explanation of reasoning behind shoe pick.
Wendi's Training and Educational Resume:
- Double Bachelor's degree in Health and Human Services
- Associate's degree in Physical Therapy
- 20+ years of experience in Gait Analysis
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Nutrition and Weight Management Consultant
- Active consultant for several local physical therapists, chiropractors, podiatrists, hospitals, athletic teams, and trainers.
Please note that Wendi is not a practicing physical therapist and does not provide diagnosis.
If you wish to schedule an appointment with Wendi, please click the "Book Now" button at the top of the page.