Garmin Edge 830
Performance GPS Cycling Computer with Mapping and Touchscreen
- Dynamic performance monitoring provides insights on your VO2 max, recovery, training load focus, heat and altitude acclimation, nutrition, hydration and more¹
- Cycling safety features² include new bike alarm, group messaging and tracking, incident detection and compatibility with Varia™ rearview radar and lights so you can see and be seen
- Includes routable Garmin Cycle Map with popularity routing — which helps you ride like a local — plus on-device route creation, off-course recalculation and back to start; mountain biking model has integrated Trailforks data, including trail difficulty ratings
- Customize with free apps, widgets and data fields from the Connect IQ™ Store
- MTB dynamics track jump count, jump distance and hang time as well as Grit, a measure of the ride’s difficulty, and Flow, which tracks the smoothness of your descent so you have a score to beat next time
- Battery life: up to 20 hours with GPS; extendable up to 40 hours with the Garmin Charge™ power pack or in battery save mode
Who cares that the Edge 830 touchscreen cycling computer offers dynamic performance monitoring and insights to help you improve? You do. So, whether you’re a podium finisher, Kona qualifier, gravel grinder, straight-shaven, urban pedaler, dirt ball or somewhere in between, Edge 830 is ready to roll as your new riding partner.
Take Your Training to the Next Level
Edge 830 goes beyond data collection — providing dynamic performance insights that can help you beat your best. See how your body is holding up in different environments with heat and altitude acclimation¹. Get in-ride notifications when it’s time to hydrate or eat. See if your most recent training was balanced in terms of endurance, threshold and high-intensity efforts. When paired with compatible Garmin sensors, Edge 830 even calculates power curve, a new power tracking metric that compares your ride effort to your previous weeks and months. No matter where you train, you can sync structured workouts from TrainingPeaks® and our online fitness community, Garmin Connect™, right to your Edge. You can also view your upcoming training for the week and launch into the relevant workout seamlessly when required.
Ride with Confidence
Whether you’re training with riding buddies or commuting to work, your Edge 830 device takes safety seriously. It allows for group messaging and tracking, so you can stay in touch when you get separated from the pack². It also has incident detection, which automatically sends your location to emergency contacts if it detects an incident. For even more awareness, pair Edge 830 with our Varia rearview radar and lights so you can see and be seen. And the new PIN-protected bike alarm will notify you on your smartphone if your bike is moved while you’re inside getting water or making a pit stop.
Navigate Every Turn
Edge 830 is preloaded with the Garmin Cycle Map, including turn-by-turn directions and navigation alerts that notify you of upcoming turns. Use the bright, responsive touchscreen to create new rides and courses right on the Edge device. To help you ride like a local, popularity routing chooses from the roads and trails most traveled by fellow cyclists. And Edge 830 is smart enough to guide you back to the route — or back to start — if you deviate from it or decide to head home early. And with route calculation speeds 2 times faster than previous models, you’ll spend more time riding, not waiting around.
Tame the Trails
When you need a change of scenery, Edge 830 is your go-to guide for mountain biking. Start by downloading the free Trailforks app from our Connect IQ Store and then unlocking the Trailforks data on your Edge. Featuring trails from more than 80 countries, Trailforks includes the best, most up-to-date information, including trail conditions, heatmaps and more. And when you stop mid-ride, the new Forksight mode automatically displays upcoming forks in the trail and gives you context by showing where you are within a trail network. During the ride, Edge 830 tracks the epic details with new mountain biking metrics such as jump count, jump distance and hang time. Other mountain biking features include Grit, which rates the difficulty of a ride using GPS, elevation and accelerometer data, and Flow, which measures how smoothly you descend a trail so you have a score to beat next time.
Climb Like a Pro
Climbing can become your secret weapon with Edge 830 and the new ClimbPro feature. It automatically shows the remaining ascent and grade when you’re climbing while following a route or course. This shows you how much you have left to suffer, helping you gauge your effort over the remainder of your ride.
Customize Your Device
Only Garmin lets you customize your device with free apps, widgets and data fields from the Connect IQ Store. Apps such as the AccuWeather MinuteCast let you know when the rain will stop so you can determine the ideal time slot for your ride. And if you plan your rides on sites such as Strava, Komoot or Wikiloc, download those apps so you can have your favorite routes imported directly to your Edge. Or if you’re looking for a nearby café or bike shop, use the Yelp app to download their locations, and route directly to them on your Edge device.
Gear West ships purchases using UPS, FedEx, and USPS. We make every effort to get your order out as quickly as possible. Some products including skis may take longer to process depending on the shop services required.
U.S. Shipping Options
UPS Ground (3-7 day delivery)
$5.00 Flat Rate!
Excludes All Oversize Items* and shipping to Hawaii, Alaska or Canada
*Oversize packages incur and additional charge (see below for more info on oversize packages).
Hawaii and Alaska Residents
Use USPS Priority Shipping which may include an additional charge.
USPS Priority Post (3-5 day delivery)
Flat Rate = $9.99
Expedited (2-3 day delivery exludes weekends and holidays)
Flat Rate = $25.00
Overnight (next day air delivery excludes weekends & Holidays)
Flat Rate = $50.00
Canadian Shipping Options
USPS Priority Mail (up to 10 business days. Certain items restricted*)
UPS Ground will be used for classic skis
Flat Rate = $30 (An additional Brokerage Fee can be up to $20 or more depending on shipment size. Multiple boxes incur higher brokerage fees. Brokerage fees are the responsibility of the receiver and are non-negotiable.)
*Restricted USPS Priority Items Include: classic skis beyond 197 cm, wax remover, wax tables
Canadian Duties and Taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
Questions about Shipping?
If you have any questions about shipping your purchase please feel free to contact us: email@example.com Local: 952-473-0377 Toll Free: 877-473-4327
UPS ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMESGear West
NO HASSLE RETURNS!
We want you to be happy with your purchase from Gear West, and if for any reason you need to return or exchange an item we want to make it as easy as possible for you to do so.
- Items must be returned within 30 days of purchase. Store credit may be given after 30 days.
- Items must be in new and unused condition and must be returned with all original packaging.
- Clothing items (shoes, boots, and apparel) must be clean and unworn with all original hang tags still attached.
- Partial store credit may be issued if product is returned in used condition or if not returned with original packaging.
- Returns of mounted skis will be charged a 25% restocking fee. Service (mounting, grinds, hotboxes, etc.) will not be refunded.
- If you have any questions please call us toll free at 1 (877) 473-GEAR (4327).
- Gear West does not issue shipping labels or credit shipping costs.
HOW TO RETURN/EXCHANGE AN ITEM
- Pack returned items with original packaging and ship via UPS, Fedex, or USPS insured mail, and include Attn: Returns on the label (see more below)
- If your purchased was completed using a gearwest.com account, you can sign into your account and request a return or exchange. You will be asked to provide an explanation for your return.
- If you made your purchase over the phone or as a guest, please return the item with the receipt, and give a brief explanation for your return and if you are requesting a refund or exchange.
- Return to the address below with your return address shown on the outside of the package:
1786 W Wayzata Blvd Suite B
Long Lake, MN 55356
Gear West Ski & Run strives to give you an easy-to-use site that provides accurate content, including product information, policies, pricing, and visual displays which are shown for representational purposes only. All pricing is subject to change without notice. For all prices, products, and offers, Gear West Ski & Run reserves the right to make adjustments due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer price changes, errors, closeouts, specials, and other extenuating circumstances. Pricing changes may occur frequently. As a result of this and the fact that we are human, the documents and graphics published on this site may at times contain errors. We are not responsible for typographical errors or technical inaccuracies and reserve the right to refund any money received on any discrepant order.
Please do not hesitate to drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call with any questions:
Toll Free: 877-473-GEAR (4327)
Gear West will meet or beat any advertised price on any product we sell. If you are about to make a purchase and discover a lower advertised price offered by a competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.
How Price Matches are Handled:
Simply call us at 1-877-473 GEAR (4327) or send us an email email@example.com with the product you are interested in and where we can find the lower advertised price.
The item must be exactly the same model and color, and be currently available in your size from the retailer whose price you would like us to match.
The Gear West Price Guarantee does not apply to competitors' free offers, coupon codes, member discounts, limited-quantity items, open-box items, clearance and Outlet Center items, mail-in incentives, financing or bundle offers, or items for sale on Auction sites. The policy does not apply to typographical errors or a competitor's price that results from a price match. We are unable to price match companies that are not based in the US. Price matching is subject to the discretion of Gear West.