The Kastle FX96 (w) from the Vogue women’s line with TRI technology and HOLLOWTECH 3.0 brings together all the benefits of a Kästle freeride ski, but tailored to female riders: It is lighter, more responsive and the binding mount points are women specific.
Women skiers will love the transfer of power in the backcountry that makes this ski easy to handle and super dependable.
Kastle Women's FX96 Ski Features:
- HOLLOWTECH- Our patented, key technology is unique to ski manufacturing. By removing unneeded layers in the front of the ski we make the ski lighter. This results in several advantages: the ski becomes up to 30 % damper, the ski feels more stable, edge-grip is more powerful, steering is more precise and the overall weight is reduced.
- The new, revolutionized HOLLOWTECH 3.0 has a two-tier construction: a new outer ring cuts out even more material and therefore even more weight. The size of the HOLLOWTECH is always precisely matched to the shovel of each particular model - for performance that's truly unbeatable.
- TRI-TECH- Our TRI-TECH construction combines three innovative technologies to reduce weight while maximizing stability, power transmission and float.
- 3D SHAPE- By using varying thicknesses of woodcores, we create contours along the length of the ski which substantially increases torsial rigidity and stability without requiring more materials.
- TRIPLE WOODCORE- Kästle is the first ski manufacturer to incorporate three types of wood within one ski. Higher density woods are used for the core, with lighter woods at the sides. Combined with our other technologies, this saves up to 500 g per pair of skis - a truly revolutionary feat!
- 1/3 WRAPPED CORE- The middle of the three woodcore strips is wrapped in a fiberglass sleeve, and for the HP models in a carbon-fiberglass sleeve. The torsion box that this creates makes the ski even more stable and cuts out more weight. The sleeve also binds the center woodcore to the lightweight exterior cores, creating a supremely damp, yet responsive, ski.
- SANDWICH-SIDEWALL CONSTRUCTION- The POWERZONE-SANDWICH-SIDEWALL construction combines the durability of a SEMI-CAP with the classic build of a SANDWICH-SIDEWALL. As you’d expect from a SEMI-CAP build, the topsheet is extended down to the ABS sidewall but is then enhanced by a classic SANDWICH-SIDEWALL composition under the binding. This generates even better performance and edge grip.
- VOGUE- One thing all VOGUE women models have in common is maximum performance for women. The ski flex and binding mount points are designed specifically for women and the construction is lighter and more comfortable all round. And when it comes to the styling, that’s also designed by women, for women.
- WOODCORE- MADE OUT OF POPLAR AND BEECH COMBINED WITH POPLAR AND PAULOWNIA ON THE SIDES: Each Kästle ski is built with the finest woodcore, manufactured with precision to one-tenth of a millimeter. This allows us to control the weight, responsiveness and dampening characteristics of the ski, resulting in a high-quality, durable product.
- The wood type, or combination of different woods, is individually catered to each model line, based on the ski‘s intended application. We guarantee unique handling with outstanding performance.
- CAMBER- We build our skis with classic camber and distinguish between Standard Camber and Low Camber:
- With LOW CAMBER, the ski center is slightly elevated and the contact points are moved toward the ski center. The effective edge is consequentially less, and the ski is more playful and forgiving.
- RISE- With Rise technology, we optimize the shovel of the ski and control its float depending on the ski’s application.
- PROGRESSIVE RISE optimizes float and easy turning in freeride conditions.
- DUAL RISE technology combined with an adapted camber profile creates a ski which guarantees the best float, even in the deepest of snow, without losing responsiveness.
- SHOVEL AND TAIL- With the shovel and tail design, we can refine the aggressiveness of our skis.
- The FAST GRIP SHOVEL is a short shovel in which the contact point and the widest part of the shovel are located far forward. This ensures a faster response at the beginning of the turn.
- The HOOK FREE TAIL is often combined with Dual Rise and a longer tail, with the contact point being moved toward the center of the ski. The result is a forgiving, playful performance when exiting a turn.
Gear West ships purchases using UPS, FedEx, and USPS. We make every effort to get your order out as quickly as possible. Some products including skis may take longer to process depending on the shop services required. We do not offer deferred shipping options.
U.S. Shipping Options
UPS Ground (3-7 day delivery)
$10.00 Flat Rate!
Excludes All Oversize Items* and shipping to Hawaii, Alaska or Canada
*Oversize packages incur and additional charge (see below for more info on oversize packages).
Hawaii and Alaska Residents
Use USPS Priority Shipping which may include an additional charge.
USPS Priority Post (3-5 day delivery)
Flat Rate = $10.00
Expedited (3 day delivery excludes weekends and holidays)
Flat Rate = $25.00
2nd Day ( 2 Business Days excludes weekend and holidays)
Flat Rate = $50
Overnight (next day air delivery excludes weekends & holidays)
Flat Rate = $70.00
Canadian Shipping Options
USPS Priority Mail (up to 10 business days. Certain items restricted*)
UPS Ground will be used for classic skis over 197 cm
Flat Rate = $35 (An additional Brokerage Fee can be up to $20 or more depending on shipment size. Multiple boxes incur higher brokerage fees. Brokerage fees are the responsibility of the receiver and are non-negotiable.)
Additional charges will be added for shipping of oversize items
*Restricted USPS Priority Items Include: classic skis beyond 197 cm, wax remover, wax tables
Canadian Duties and Taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
Additional shipping charges may be needed for heavy items.
Questions about Shipping?
If you have any questions about shipping your purchase please feel free to contact us: email@example.com Local: 952-473-0377 Toll Free: 877-473-4327
UPS ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMESGear West
NO HASSLE RETURNS!
We want you to be happy with your purchase from Gear West, and if for any reason you need to return or exchange an item we want to make it as easy as possible for you to do so.
- Items must be returned within 30 days of purchase. Store credit may be given after 30 days.
- Items must be in new and unused condition and must be returned with all original packaging.
- Clothing items (shoes, boots, and apparel) must be clean and unworn with all original hang tags still attached.
- Partial store credit may be issued if product is returned in used condition or if not returned with original packaging.
- Returns of mounted skis will be charged a 25% restocking fee. Service (mounting, grinds, hotboxes, etc.) will not be refunded.
- If you have any questions please call us toll free at 1 (877) 473-GEAR (4327).
- Gear West does not issue shipping labels or credit shipping costs.
HOW TO RETURN/EXCHANGE AN ITEM
- Pack returned items with original packaging and ship via UPS, Fedex, or USPS insured mail, and include Attn: Returns on the label (see more below)
- If your purchased was completed using a gearwest.com account, you can sign into your account and request a return or exchange. You will be asked to provide an explanation for your return.
- If you made your purchase over the phone or as a guest, please return the item with the receipt, and give a brief explanation for your return and if you are requesting a refund or exchange.
- Return to the address below with your return address shown on the outside of the package:
1786 W Wayzata Blvd Suite B
Long Lake, MN 55356
Gear West Ski & Run strives to give you an easy-to-use site that provides accurate content, including product information, policies, pricing, and visual displays which are shown for representational purposes only. All pricing is subject to change without notice. For all prices, products, and offers, Gear West Ski & Run reserves the right to make adjustments due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer price changes, errors, closeouts, specials, and other extenuating circumstances. Pricing changes may occur frequently. As a result of this and the fact that we are human, the documents and graphics published on this site may at times contain errors. We are not responsible for typographical errors or technical inaccuracies and reserve the right to refund any money received on any discrepant order.
Please do not hesitate to drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call with any questions:
Toll Free: 877-473-GEAR (4327)
Gear West will meet or beat any advertised price on any product we sell. If you are about to make a purchase and discover a lower advertised price offered by a competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.
How Price Matches are Handled:
Simply call us at 1-877-473 GEAR (4327) or send us an email email@example.com with the product you are interested in and where we can find the lower advertised price.
The item must be exactly the same model and color, and be currently available in your size from the retailer whose price you would like us to match.
The Gear West Price Guarantee does not apply to competitors' free offers, coupon codes, member discounts, limited-quantity items, open-box items, clearance and Outlet Center items, mail-in incentives, financing or bundle offers, or items for sale on Auction sites. The policy does not apply to typographical errors or a competitor's price that results from a price match. We are unable to price match companies that are not based in the US. Price matching is subject to the discretion of Gear West.