Quintana Roo’s FIT series outfits their FIT frame into several different builds for both men and women. The basic frame concept has been in the QR lineup since 2006 for a good reason. It’s a solid race platform that combines aerodynamics and comfort at a great price.
The shapes remain the same, but the tubes now come wrapped in woven 12K carbon for a nice performance upgrade at no cost penalty.
The frame has been shaped in the wind tunnel for practical aerodynamics in two ways. The first way is that while the bike slips quietly and efficiently through the wind, it doesn’t do so at the cost of a terrible ride. The fork legs are as slim as they could manage without costing drag or lateral stiffness. The seat stays are thin and taper to the dropouts while the chainstays taper fairly dramatically from about halfway back on their travel from the bottom bracket to the dropouts. Both front and rear, you get the frame giving vertically when the wheel forces itself upward because of a pothole or patch or even chip and seal pavement.
The position likewise is forward and flexible without forcing extreme bends from the rider. The seatpost features a sliding clamp that can change the effective seat post angle from 77- to 81-degrees. The head tube length is just right for a person of normal dimensions and average flexibility, even the short-torsoed. QR wants to give riders choices in terms of stem position, so they utilize a 1 1/8” steerer, to which anything from a zero-rise stem and no spacers to whatever kind of rise and reach the rider wants.
QR is a fan of integrated bottom brackets for the aerodynamics, weight savings, and stiffness. Here they use the BB30 standard so the shell is large, for greater shaping possibilities and weight reduction, and narrow, for aerodynamics.
They stick with “normal” brakes here: easy to find, easy to fix, easy to take apart for travel.
Wheels are 700c diameter, save for the XS frame, where 650c is utilized so that the rider can both fit the bike better and be more aerodynamic. 25mm wide tires fit without issue. Cable routing is internal. It’s designed for mechanical shifting, but intrepid thinkers can figure out how to wire for electronics.
The Quintana ROO FIT is the start of a long and fast relationship with multi-sport events.
- Aero Basebar Profile Design T4+
- Aero Clip-On Bar Quintana Roo
- Bar End Shifters Micro Shift
- Bottom Bracket FSA BB30
- Brake Calipers TRP Aero
- Brake Levers TRP Aero
- Cassette Shimano 105 5800, 11-28
- Chain Shimano 11s
- Crankset FSA Omega, 50/34
- Fork QR Fit Carbon
- Frame Material Monocoque Carbon
- Front Derailleur Shimano 105 5800
- Headset FSA Orbit IS-2
- Pedals Not Included
- Rear Derailleur Shimano 105 5800
- Saddle ISM PS 1.0
- Seatpost QR Aero Carbon
- Stem Quintana Roo
- Tires Continental
- Wheel - Front Shimano RS010
- Wheel - Rear Shimano RS010
Gear West ships purchases using UPS, FedEx, and USPS. We make every effort to get your order out as quickly as possible. Some products including skis may take longer to process depending on the shop services required.
U.S. Shipping Options
UPS Ground (3-7 day delivery)
$5.00 Flat Rate!
Excludes All Oversize Items* and shipping to Hawaii, Alaska or Canada
*Oversize packages incur and additional charge (see below for more info on oversize packages).
Hawaii and Alaska Residents
Use USPS Priority Shipping which may include an additional charge.
USPS Priority Post (3-5 day delivery)
Flat Rate = $9.99
Expedited (2-3 day delivery exludes weekends and holidays)
Flat Rate = $25.00
Overnight (next day air delivery excludes weekends & Holidays)
Flat Rate = $50.00
Canadian Shipping Options
USPS Priority Mail (up to 10 business days. Certain items restricted*)
UPS Ground will be used for classic skis
Flat Rate = $30 (An additional Brokerage Fee can be up to $20 or more depending on shipment size. Multiple boxes incur higher brokerage fees. Brokerage fees are the responsibility of the receiver and are non-negotiable.)
*Restricted USPS Priority Items Include: classic skis beyond 197 cm, wax remover, wax tables
Canadian Duties and Taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
Questions about Shipping?
If you have any questions about shipping your purchase please feel free to contact us: email@example.com Local: 952-473-0377 Toll Free: 877-473-4327
UPS ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMESGear West
NO HASSLE RETURNS!
We want you to be happy with your purchase from Gear West, and if for any reason you need to return or exchange an item we want to make it as easy as possible for you to do so.
- Items must be returned within 30 days of purchase. Store credit may be given after 30 days.
- Items must be in new and unused condition and must be returned with all original packaging.
- Clothing items (shoes, boots, and apparel) must be clean and unworn with all original hang tags still attached.
- Partial store credit may be issued if product is returned in used condition or if not returned with original packaging.
- Returns of mounted skis will be charged a 25% restocking fee. Service (mounting, grinds, hotboxes, etc.) will not be refunded.
- If you have any questions please call us toll free at 1 (877) 473-GEAR (4327).
- Gear West does not issue shipping labels or credit shipping costs.
HOW TO RETURN/EXCHANGE AN ITEM
- Pack returned items with original packaging and ship via UPS, Fedex, or USPS insured mail, and include Attn: Returns on the label (see more below)
- If your purchased was completed using a gearwest.com account, you can sign into your account and request a return or exchange. You will be asked to provide an explanation for your return.
- If you made your purchase over the phone or as a guest, please return the item with the receipt, and give a brief explanation for your return and if you are requesting a refund or exchange.
- Return to the address below with your return address shown on the outside of the package:
1786 W Wayzata Blvd Suite B
Long Lake, MN 55356
Gear West Ski & Run strives to give you an easy-to-use site that provides accurate content, including product information, policies, pricing, and visual displays which are shown for representational purposes only. All pricing is subject to change without notice. For all prices, products, and offers, Gear West Ski & Run reserves the right to make adjustments due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer price changes, errors, closeouts, specials, and other extenuating circumstances. Pricing changes may occur frequently. As a result of this and the fact that we are human, the documents and graphics published on this site may at times contain errors. We are not responsible for typographical errors or technical inaccuracies and reserve the right to refund any money received on any discrepant order.
Please do not hesitate to drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call with any questions:
Toll Free: 877-473-GEAR (4327)
Gear West will meet or beat any advertised price on any product we sell. If you are about to make a purchase and discover a lower advertised price offered by a competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.
How Price Matches are Handled:
Simply call us at 1-877-473 GEAR (4327) or send us an email email@example.com with the product you are interested in and where we can find the lower advertised price.
The item must be exactly the same model and color, and be currently available in your size from the retailer whose price you would like us to match.
The Gear West Price Guarantee does not apply to competitors' free offers, coupon codes, member discounts, limited-quantity items, open-box items, clearance and Outlet Center items, mail-in incentives, financing or bundle offers, or items for sale on Auction sites. The policy does not apply to typographical errors or a competitor's price that results from a price match. We are unable to price match companies that are not based in the US. Price matching is subject to the discretion of Gear West.