Saris H3 Direct Drive Smart Trainer
Reliable. Durable. Quieter Than Ever Before.
When it comes to indoor bike trainers, the most frequently asked question is: how quiet is it? Taking this to heart, our Madison, Wisconsin-based team put this query under the microscope and set a goal to build a trainer so quiet, that the only sound is that of your drive train.
The result? A direct drive smart trainer that touts a sound specification of 59 decibels at 20 mph. In other words, the H3 is five times quieter than previous generations, making it the quietest smart trainer to ever leave our doors.
Following the Saris direct drive smart trainer legacy, the H3 features the same reliability and durability as its predecessors. Each H3 is made from cast and machined aluminum sourced from America’s heartland. Encased inside are components meticulously calibrated to measure power, speed and cadence, as well as a precision-balanced flywheel - all built to handle 2000 watts and replicate a 20% climbing grade.
Tested to withstand heavy training, the H3’s internal cooling system will keep the electromagnetic resistance system working – and accurate – long after your legs have given out.
- Quieter Than Ever: all new drive system shaves decibels off previous generations.
- Precise Training: +/- 2% power accuracy.
- Controlled and Consistent: electromagnetic resistance provides a measured workout every time.
- Direct Drive Design: widest bike compatibility and eliminates wheel slips.
- No External Sensors Required: measures speed, cadence and power.
- Seamless Integration: connects to indoor cycling apps with dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth FTMS standards.
- Zwift certified.
- Includes one month subscription to Rouvy virtual training app
- Product Dimmensions:
- When Open L*H*W: 31”x18.5”x19.5” (787.4x469.9x495.3 mm).
- When Closed L*H*W: 8.5”x18.5”x19.5” (76.2x469.9x495.3 mm).
- Weight: 47 lb. (21.3 kg).
- Noise level:59 decibels at 20 mph
- Power measurement accuracy: +/- 2%
- Maximum power output: 2000 watts at 20 mph
- Simulates a 20% climbing grade
- Fast response electromagnetic resistance
- Measures speed, cadence and power – no external sensors needed
- 20 lb precision balanced flywheel
- Integrated dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth FTMS standards
- Built-in front wheel block
- Integrated carrying handle
- Compatible with Shimano 8-11 speed cassettes
- XD/XDR freehubs sold separately
- Thru-axle compatible for rear hub widths of 142 mm or 148 mm.
- Quick-release compatible for rear hub widths of 130 mm and 135 mm.
- Compatible with a wide variety of devices and indoor cycling applications, including Rouvy, Zwift, TrainerRoad and many more.
- Headless mode (powered on, not paired to any apps) lets you ride with a progressive resistance curve that matches the Fluid2.
- LED indicator lights communicate connectivity and more.
- Direct drive design directly connects the bicycle to the resistance unit, eliminating tire wear.
- Internal cooling technology ensures accurate ride data even during the hardest of workouts.
- Folding legs provide widest footprint of direct drive indoor bicycle trainers on the market for added stability and easy storage.
- Accessible and balanced handle allows for smooth, anyone-can-carry transit of the trainer.
- Maximum weight (rider and bike): 300 lbs.
- Cassette sold separately.
Gear West ships purchases using UPS, FedEx, and USPS. We make every effort to get your order out as quickly as possible. Some products including skis may take longer to process depending on the shop services required. We do not offer deferred shipping options.
U.S. Shipping Options
UPS Ground (3-7 day delivery)
$10.00 Flat Rate!
Excludes All Oversize Items* and shipping to Hawaii, Alaska or Canada
*Oversize packages incur and additional charge (see below for more info on oversize packages).
Hawaii and Alaska Residents
Use USPS Priority Shipping which may include an additional charge.
USPS Priority Post (3-5 day delivery)
Flat Rate = $10.00
Expedited (3 day delivery excludes weekends and holidays)
Flat Rate = $25.00
2nd Day ( 2 Business Days excludes weekend and holidays)
Flat Rate = $50
Overnight (next day air delivery excludes weekends & holidays)
Flat Rate = $70.00
Canadian Shipping Options
USPS Priority Mail (up to 10 business days. Certain items restricted*)
UPS Ground will be used for classic skis over 197 cm
Flat Rate = $35 (An additional Brokerage Fee can be up to $20 or more depending on shipment size. Multiple boxes incur higher brokerage fees. Brokerage fees are the responsibility of the receiver and are non-negotiable.)
Additional charges will be added for shipping of oversize items
*Restricted USPS Priority Items Include: classic skis beyond 197 cm, wax remover, wax tables
Canadian Duties and Taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
Additional shipping charges may be needed for heavy items.
Questions about Shipping?
If you have any questions about shipping your purchase please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org Local: 952-473-0377 Toll Free: 877-473-4327
UPS ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMESGear West
NO HASSLE RETURNS!
We want you to be happy with your purchase from Gear West, and if for any reason you need to return or exchange an item we want to make it as easy as possible for you to do so.
- Items must be returned within 30 days of purchase. Store credit may be given after 30 days.
- Items must be in new and unused condition and must be returned with all original packaging.
- Clothing items (shoes, boots, and apparel) must be clean and unworn with all original hang tags still attached.
- Partial store credit may be issued if product is returned in used condition or if not returned with original packaging.
- Returns of mounted skis will be charged a 25% restocking fee. Service (mounting, grinds, hotboxes, etc.) will not be refunded.
- If you have any questions please call us toll free at 1 (877) 473-GEAR (4327).
- Gear West does not issue shipping labels or credit shipping costs.
HOW TO RETURN/EXCHANGE AN ITEM
- Pack returned items with original packaging and ship via UPS, Fedex, or USPS insured mail, and include Attn: Returns on the label (see more below)
- If your purchased was completed using a gearwest.com account, you can sign into your account and request a return or exchange. You will be asked to provide an explanation for your return.
- If you made your purchase over the phone or as a guest, please return the item with the receipt, and give a brief explanation for your return and if you are requesting a refund or exchange.
- Return to the address below with your return address shown on the outside of the package:
1786 W Wayzata Blvd Suite B
Long Lake, MN 55356
Gear West Ski & Run strives to give you an easy-to-use site that provides accurate content, including product information, policies, pricing, and visual displays which are shown for representational purposes only. All pricing is subject to change without notice. For all prices, products, and offers, Gear West Ski & Run reserves the right to make adjustments due to changing market conditions, product discontinuation, manufacturer price changes, errors, closeouts, specials, and other extenuating circumstances. Pricing changes may occur frequently. As a result of this and the fact that we are human, the documents and graphics published on this site may at times contain errors. We are not responsible for typographical errors or technical inaccuracies and reserve the right to refund any money received on any discrepant order.
Please do not hesitate to drop us an email (email@example.com) or give us a call with any questions:
Toll Free: 877-473-GEAR (4327)
Gear West will meet or beat any advertised price on any product we sell. If you are about to make a purchase and discover a lower advertised price offered by a competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.
How Price Matches are Handled:
Simply call us at 1-877-473 GEAR (4327) or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org with the product you are interested in and where we can find the lower advertised price.
The item must be exactly the same model and color, and be currently available in your size from the retailer whose price you would like us to match.
The Gear West Price Guarantee does not apply to competitors' free offers, coupon codes, member discounts, limited-quantity items, open-box items, clearance and Outlet Center items, mail-in incentives, financing or bundle offers, or items for sale on Auction sites. The policy does not apply to typographical errors or a competitor's price that results from a price match. We are unable to price match companies that are not based in the US. Price matching is subject to the discretion of Gear West.