Why Gear West for your Alpine Ski Service? Every part of our tuning process at Gear West is hands on. Skis are never automatically fed through our machines. Our head tuner Dana Henry has not only tested multiple skis and boots under many conditions, he also has experienced tuning and waxing techniques and tricks from the worlds top race coaches, directors and technicians. Dana prides himself on his temperature specific waxes and takes great care to make sure your skis and snowboards are at their top performance level. We guarantee they will be ready for your family ski holidays, high school races, park laps, or just a fun weekend at your local hill. Call 952-473-0377 for any questions or for additional services not listed.
Look for waxing and tuning tips from Dana’s Shop Notes below, as he and Gear West continue to pursue excellence in ski and board servicing.
Alpine Ski Service Price List
Only for skis under the length of 150cm.
Binding InstallationBindings not purchased from Gear West - $60.00
Bindings purchased from Gear West - $25.00
Adjust boots. Set DIN #. Torque test.
Shell Grind - $25.00
Dana’s Tuning Tricks + Tips
Waxing your skis or snowboard is the best way to protect them and keep them performing at their peak. It’s important to wax your throughout the ski season to ensure your skis or snowboard glides smoothly. Tools you’ll need include: Waxing iron, clean rags, rubbing alcohol, wax, plastic scraper and brushes.
• Best to apply wax in a ventilated area.
• Run your iron hot enough to melt wax but not smoking.
• When scraping skis or snowboard insure your scraper is at a 90 degree angle & nick free.
• Check out your bases! If they look dry or chalky, it’s time to wax them!
• When scraping wax off, scrape and brush tip to tail on entire length of ski or snowboard.
• Waxing is the single best thing you can do to prepare and protect your new skis or snowboard.
Ski or Snowboard Tuning - Burrs and rusty edges cause drag and slow you down on the snow. Smoothing out and sharpening your edges can help your skis or snowboard perform at their very best. The tools you’ll need include: Clean rags, edging file, diamond stone, gummy stone, rubbing alcohol.